Kachi Ghani Mustard Oil (sarso oil) is extracted from mustard seeds (black, brown and white), and is reddish brown or amber in colour. It has been commonly used in North and East India since ancient times, and comes with a bevy of health benefits.
- Good for Heart Health: Cold pressed mustard oil is rich in monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, which are
considered healthy fats that can help reduce the risk of heart disease. These fats help to reduce bad cholesterol
(LDL) levels and increase good cholesterol (HDL) levels in the body.
- Boosts Immunity: Mustard oil is a good source of antioxidants, which helps to boost the immune system and protect
the body from harmful free radicals.
- Promotes Healthy Skin: Mustard oil is rich in Vitamin E, which helps to nourish and hydrate the skin. It also has
anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that help to reduce skin infections and prevent acne.
- Relieves Joint Pain: Cold pressed mustard oil has anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce joint pain and
swelling. It is commonly used in Ayurvedic medicine to treat joint pain and arthritis.
- Promotes Hair Growth: Mustard oil is rich in essential fatty acids, which helps to nourish and strengthen the hair.
It also has anti-fungal properties that help to prevent dandruff and other scalp infections.
- Improves Digestion: Mustard oil stimulates the production of digestive juices, which helps to improve digestion and
prevent digestive problems such as constipation, bloating and gas.
- Acts as a Natural Insect Repellent: Mustard oil has a strong pungent odor that acts as a natural insect repellent.
It is commonly used to repel mosquitoes and other insects.
It's important to note that while cold pressed mustard oil has several potential health benefits, it is still recommended to consume it in moderation.